We're just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust.

I guess we'll just have to adjust.




Thursday, December 24, 2009

hell blew a fiery breath

I pretended to lose my fortune years ago,
So that at my funeral, nobody will suspect special effects
When Hell opens up and swallows my body.

Centralia, Pennsylvania.
Population: 9
Coolest town ever. I mean, seriously, go wikipedia it. Mind you, I have an obsession with ghost towns, dilapadated houses, old things, etc. Definitely on the top of my list of places to visit when I'm free to drive sans adults. This town was actually reasonably normal before 1981, when they noticed there is a GIANT FIRE burning right under their feet, since 1962. It's weird, actually. In 1981, a twelve-year-old boy by the name of Todd was in the backyard of his house like any other day when suddenly, the ground totally caved underneath him, leaving a four foot gap in the earth, leading straight down to the heart of the fire. This fire wasn't like any other fire, considering it'd been burning already for almost 20 years, unnoticed by anyone, in the underground mines of the town. It's still burning to date.
This town was deemed so unlivable, they condemned every building, contributed 42 million for relocation, and revoked the town's zip code. :D
AWESOME ?!

"A small part of the Centralia mine fire as it appeared
after being exposed during an excavation in 1969"

No comments:

Post a Comment