We're just a million little gods causing rainstorms, turning every good thing to rust.

I guess we'll just have to adjust.




Saturday, December 19, 2009

i guess we'll just have to adjust

I don't wanna grow up! Shoot me for it, if you will, but I'm scared and although nobody really cares what anybody's scared of anymore, I'm going to share.

Something filled up
My heart with nothing
Someone told me not to cry

But now that I'm older
My heart's colder
And I can see that it's a lie

Children, wake up
Hold your mistake up
Before they turn the summer into dust

If the children don't grow up
Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up
We're just a million little gods causing rainstorms
Turning every good thing to rust

I guess we'll just have to adjust


Oh, Arcade Fire. You never cease to amaze me.

Anyways, the song is about watching people grow up and seeing them repress the things that haunt them-and that's wrong. All it ever does is breed more pain, and it's inevitable too. I mean, we all want to die happy, but we all have struggles to get through first. Get it off your chest before it sinks any deeper.
"Children wake up, hold your mistake up."

No comments:

Post a Comment